175th Anniversary Celebration of Setauket UMC
The congregation of Setauket United Methodist Church will celebrate its 175th Anniversary on Sunday, October 14th at 10:00 AM. The special service will feature the sharing of memories, guest speakers, luncheon, and special music by the Jazz Band from The Jazz Loft. Guest speakers will include Long Island East District Superintendent Rev. Julia Yeon-Hee Yim, former pastor Lynda Bates-Stepe, and a representative from the Town of Brookhaven.
Setauket Methodist Church began gathering in the old Setauket schoolhouse not far from the present church at the crossroads of Rt. 25A and the Main Street in 1835. Following a revival held in Port Jefferson in 1843, the hearts of five men were warmed to the point that they organized the Methodist Society of Setauket.
The fledgling congregation purchased what was known as the Baptist Meeting House as their first spiritual home. In 1869 they began digging the foundation of the new and current church. The original church was modest and much of the construction was done by its members, who were employed in the local shipbuilding industry. Setauket Methodist Church has been the “Light on the Hill” for nearly 150 years, and with the blessings of God, will continue to shine and welcome all who pass through Setauket.
The church is located at 160 Main St. East Setauket. Sunday service starts at 10:00 AM along with Sunday School. Rev. Steven Kim has been serving the congregation since 2016. (Phone: 631-941-4167, Email: Pastor@SetauketUMC.org, Website: www.SetauketUMC.org)
For Healing, for Courage and Strength, and God’s Mercy:
- Prayers for April and her family in North Carolina
- Prayers for Sonny Vietri
- Prayers for Terry portola for her healing
- Prayers for Shari on the loss of her Mother and Victor on the loss of his Father
- Prayers for Martin and Sandy Sievers & Karru Martinson, son-in-law of Martin and Sandy
- Prayers for Susumu Ando
- Prayers for Carolyn and Cara Amcher
- Prayers for Glenn Thomas
- We continue to pray for Sonny Vietri, families in stress, shut-ins and caregivers, YoungRok, pastor Steven's Mother, Gail Bean, Chris and Ed Brown Audrey Savwoir, Betty Bolden, Diana Spetta, James G,. Celie and Bob, a sick lady in ICU, Stu Fitz, the leaders of our country, Jolanda Rice, Christine Yamitelli.
Download This Form (Right Click on this sentence - "Save Target AS"